Skip to main content

About your Search

20100901
20100930
STATION
KGO (ABC) 31
KOFY 26
WRC (NBC) 2
LANGUAGE
English 59
Search Results 54 to 56 of about 59
dust at a minimum. and air monitors will be used every day to check for toxic levels. >> at this point the air quality is very good. we are seeing nothing on the mortars, nothing on the samabling i was out here yesterday with the wind and there was no dust at all. >> crews will have a checklist for each property after each one is done. what you see now will basally be a dirt lot and property owners can start rebuilding their homesnd their lives. >> we have the memories of thos homes that were there. and how our neighborhood was before. and it'sot the same. and it will never be the same. >> we're not living in the houses yet. and evy time i drive up here i just get -- getting emotional now. it's just not gonna be the same. just not. even when they build. >> yeah. crews say 75% of the debris ca be recycled. that's because it's mostly concrete. the cars the burnt out cars can be recycled. the remaining 25% of the debris will be taken to a landfill solano coun. reporting live in san bruno, i'm jenelle wang, abc 7 news. >> thanks, jenelle. terry mcsweeney is live in san francisco where the
-for all of us. >>> good morning everyone. thanks for joining us. i'm carolyn tyler. this sounds too familiar, a natural gas explosion has killed at least two people and leveled part of their neighborhood. it happened in belgium. the explosion sent 17 people to the hospital and leveled at least three homes in the northern part of brussels. witnesses told police they heard a loud blast and then felt the ground shake just before midnight brussels' time. crews have spent more than 12 hours on the scene. >> today is a day off for the cleanup crews in san bruno. work was done in the disaster zone yesterday. 29 of the 35 residents who lost their homes have signed a liability waiver including a guarantee they won't have any out-of-pocket expenses. pg&e says it will ultimately pick up the estimated $60,000 per house. officials hope to have the cleanup work con within four weeks before the rainy season begins. governor swarzenegger discussed the san bruno disaster in his weekly radio address. she promising a full investigation. >> in this case you really have to have a panel. i can't rely on
more than 50 years ago. >>> few of us can imagine what the injured san bruno victims and their families are going through, but one bay area woman knows all too well. she was also badly burned when a piece of pg&e equipment exploded. her story of recovery is inspirational. you would never know by looking at lisa nash what happened to her five years ago. >> i had to learn how to walk again. i had to learn how to use my hands. >> if anyone understands what the san bruno victims are facing it's lisa nash. it was august 2005. she was walking to work in san francisco's financial district. there was an explosion in an underground pg&e vault. the force lifted a manhole cover rocked buildings blocks away and sent nash to st. francis memorial hospital which has a renowned burn unit. >> it was not just the burns. it was my lungs had been affected, my skin. i was vulnerable to all sorts of infection. >> she was heavily sedated for two weeks and there were skin grafts, something likely for the san bruno victims
Search Results 54 to 56 of about 59